Following the Via Francigena from Rome through the countryside of Italy to the Heart of Tuscany Siena, passing Maremma and the Strade Bianche.
The route is approximately 240kms. The most we would cycle in a day is 70kms. The trip is split up into 4 days with 3 nights accomodation. Besides stopping in the towns en-route for tea, coffee etc. we will also provide meal service upon arrival at destination. Extra luggage will be couriered ahead to the next stop with small rucksacks or handlebar bags provided for the day.
- After having cycled for most of the afternoon, we arrive in the first town Monterosi. Its a short ride from the lake of Bracciano and well worth stopping by as its a small oasis of green.
- Following the path over the hills brings us to our second town for the day, Sutri. Famous for its Etruscan tombs.
- Cycling further North from Sutri will lead us to our destination for today,
Prices and Planned Departure Dates
- 500 euro per person, 800 euro per couple sharing. Includes bicycle, meals and accomodation.
- If you have a preferred date for travel, let us know and we will see if it is possibile to arrange a departure that suits you.
Accommodation and Eating
- During the 4 days/3 nights that you will be in our care, we will have prepared comfortable lodgings in the towns we stop at. This includes a cosy B&B the first night, a renovated farm house the second night and another small B&B the final night.
Luggage Handling and Support Vans
- Small daily items such as sun screen and food/supplies are to be carried by each participant
- Support vehicles will handle the luggage transfers.
- All meals such as lunch and dinner are included and will generally occur in selected restaurants if not mentioned. Breakfast will generally be offered onsite at the accommodation.
- Possibile extensions include either an extra nights stay in Siena before the tour or in Rome afterwards, obviously these are not included in the original price but we can help make arrangements at no extra cost.